Home Contact Us

Motion for Contempt vs Modification in the Orlando, Florida Area

  • Posted on by .

    Motion for Contempt  vs Modification in the Orlando, Florida area is a very common issue.  Often times we have people question whether they should file a Motion for Contempt or proceed with a Supplemental Petition for Modification. Here are some tips for dealing with this in Orlando, Florida Area Motion for Contempt or Modification.

    First make sure you seek out an experienced, knowledgeable Motion for Contempt and Modification family law attorney in the Orlando, Florida area that can guide you through the legal process. Having an experience attorney in the Marital & Family Law who properly advises you on your options and gives you an honest opinion can help prepare you for the case ahead and make it a much easier process for you and your family.

    Motion for Contempt/Enforcement:

    In family law, actions for contempt may be filed when one party violates court orders. If your former spouse or the other party involved has violated a court order, or if you are accused of failing to comply with a court order, the lawyers at Anderson & Ferrin, Attorneys at Law, P.A., in Orlando, Florida, can help.

    Here are some common issues that are dealt with for a Motion for Contempt:

    • Failure to pay child support
    • Failure to adhere to visitation or time-sharing orders
    • Failure to comply with property division orders
    • Failure to comply with restraining orders or protective orders
    • Failure to file a mandatory declaration of disclosure


    Life is unpredictable and family situations change frequently. A child custody, timesharing or child support agreement that was sensible at one time may no longer reflect the realities of your life.

    Florida courts allow for changes to original agreements or court orders when warranted by a substantial life change. Examples of a substantial change include relocation, a significant increase or decrease in one’s income, an increased need for child support, or changes in a child’s life that requires an adjustment to a parenting plan.

    The court does not approach modifications lightly, however, which is why it is essential to work with a lawyer who will help you reach the best terms possible in your original case.

    For additional information on Enforcement and modification of support, maintenance, or alimony agreements or orders please see Florida Statute 61.14.

    If you have more questions about an Orlando, Florida area family law attorney about either a contempt or modification case, you may contact Michael Ferrin or Victoria Anderson, Esquire of Anderson & Ferrin, Attorneys at Law, PA for an initial consultation.

    This article is for informational purposes only, and does not form an attorney client relationship.